Ok, so here's my first stab at blogging. In the past, I was never against the concept of blogging but never thought I had anything worth talking about. Well after many an encouragement from close friends, they convinced me to write about the stuff I so passionately speak about on a daily basis.
Let's start at the beginning. I'm an Electrical Engineer from Duke ('05), now living in the Triangle after spending my whole non-college life in Richmond, VA. Growing up my family was always big into sports, mostly college sports. When I say my family, I don't mean just my dad and I. My mom is one of the most passionate sports fans, and we'd even go to football games with three generations of the family. My uncle went to UVA and many of my mom's cousins went to UNC, so we had lots of ACC ties, in addition to living in an ACC state. I got accepted to Duke in December '00 and immediately started following the Duke basketball team in their run to the 2001 title. The first game I remember as a Dukie was against Stanford, watching the Cardinal (awful mascot, by the way) hit a game-winner. Not being a huge Duke fan before then, it didn't really bring me down as much as future Duke losses would; we'll likely get to those stories in future postings. *Side note: Many of my friends growing up were big Duke fans. I was never much for consummate winners, which aside from Duke, is still my stance in most sports.* In basketball, we followed mostly the CAA, with my parents both being UR Spiders, and some ACC basketball as it related to UVA. However, I'd say our real family passion was college football. We'd either go to a UR football game or watch college football all day (noon-10pm) each Saturday. Many weeks we'd do both.
Many of my posts will center around Duke basketball, especially during the season. I will also cover other sports, but with the football season fleeting, the other sports might decline. I end up watching a lot of college basketball in general and don't mind talking on it. I'll use the blog as my running commentary on the world of sports, sprinkling in some of my other interests: beer, music, and travel. Hopefully you readers will find this interesting. If not please let me know so I can stop wasting your time. It's not really wasting my time because I can type and watch TV at the some time. Yes! I'm the consummate multi-tasker. This blog is not going to be funny in most instances, either because I'm not good at creating funny or because nothing funny happens to me. If you want funny, you should check out Grace Thoreau's blog (http://fumblingwithgrace.blogspot.com/). She's not only a funny person but a good story teller and writer. I'm an engineer so I will have to get by on that. I hope you enjoy your time spent on here and I encourage feedback, including proposed blog topics.
Your humble blogger,
Natedevil
No comments:
Post a Comment